Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!

So, I still don't have a Christmas outfit.  I was getting pretty frustrated with shopping since the malls are crazy with all the last minute shoppers.  I even went to Macy's in Oakbrook after work Wednesday night since it was open 24 hours.  I was hoping I would find something while the store wasn't crowded.  That trip was a FAIL.  I think it's because I don't really like Macy's.  My bias already affected my want to shop.  If Nordstrom was open 24 hours then I think I would be on my game!  I didn't get home until 2am, which sucked since I had to be up early Thursday.

Le sigh.  I have plenty in my closet to choose from.  But I think most women usually have a closet full of things and nothing to wear!  I'll look one more time tomorrow, but if I can't find anything, then it's closet shopping for me!

Tonight, I decided to do my nails in a festive way.  I picked red, even though I have no idea what I'll be wearing.  I tend to be predictable and I pretty much wear red every year.


I used China Glaze in Red Pumps with a glitter nail polish I found at Forever 21 for $2.80.

Nail polish that has thick glitter chunks like this one is pretty tricky to work with.  First it gets all clumped up when you first put the brush to your nail.  Next, I think most, if not everyone paints upwards on the nail.  So what ends up happening is most of the glitter ends up at the tip of the nail.  What you have to do is brush up, down and side to side.  At least the polish is clear so you can't see the brush strokes.

Also, normally I've been using Zoya's Armor Top Coat, but I've decided to try Seche Vite.  Sally Beauty Supply had this set for $9.99.  And since Seche Vite goes for $7.99 and a China Glaze nail polish runs around 8 bucks, this was an awesome deal!  Not to mention it supports Breast Cancer!   I love when my shopping goes to a good cause.  I also love it because then Bubs can't get mad at me =).

So I have Zoya's Armor on my right hand and Seche Vite on my left.  I'll let you know what my results are in about a week!

Here's a quickie shot of our Christmas tree!  It's not decorated like the ones in department stores that are all coordinated and such.  I like my ornaments to have sentimental value or reflect our personality.

My brother made fun of my tree, because he's a girl and likes to decorate. J/K!  Love you brudder!  Bubs agreed with him and said he wanted a tree that wasn't so schizophrenic.  My ornaments consist of Disney Characters, Simpsons Characters, Cubs and various ones that represent a significant event in our lives.  Bubs said he wanted ornaments that had to do with Christmas.  So I said, "Fine, we can get rid of the Patriots and Red Sox ornaments then."  That ended the discussion real quick.

Anyhoo...I hope everyone was a wonderful holiday!  Enjoy your time with your loved ones and treasure each moment of this magical season.

From my family to yours,

Cards made on Mixbook with photos taken by Lil Mama Stuart.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! D and I didn't do a tree this year (because we purged our apartment trying to get ready for a move in the new year) but I have the same concept of ornaments....sentimental chotchkes from vacations, handmade ones from friends' kids and other memorable events. Tacky, messy AWESOME tree. <3 Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Cat! We're the same because we're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw yay! Glad I can see what you picked :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be getting one in the mail! I just waited til the very LAST minute to mail them out.

    ReplyDelete