Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Year in review

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with love, family and awesome presents and food! =)

2011 was a great year.  Full of ups and downs and memories with the ones I love.

Here are some of our highlights from this past year.






We celebrated our Grandmother's 90th Birthday!

Chicago got hit with a crazy snowstorm!  My cousins and I took full advantage of the snow day by going sledding and making funnel cakes!

Jonathan got his first of many haircuts!  I'm jealous of him because his hair grow so much faster than mine does! =/

We bought our first house!  For a couple years Marc and I lived in my townhouse that my parents bought for me, but we never felt like it was OUR place.  Now we have a place to really call home.  It's a lot of work owning your own home, but it's totally worth it.  I also love the fact that we're so close to my Mom and the rest of my family.

I've never been to California in all the years I've been alive.  So when my best friend Minnie moved out there, I finally had a reason to go!  And I guess I can see why people want to move out there.  I can't wait to go back!

Our not so little monster turned the big 0-1!  And we celebrated by throwing a monster mash!

For my 28th birthday, I had a 80's high school reunion murder mystery party.  It was fun to see everyone get dressed up and play their parts.  It was also something different that myself and a lot of my friends and family have never done before.

California twice in one year!  We went to San Francisco since Marc and I have never been there.  I absolutely loved it!  There was so much to see and it's such an interesting city!



This is one is definitely a low.  Jonathan spent 5 days in the ICU with pneumonia.  I have a blog entry about it saved, but every time I try to finish it I get all emotional and I have to stop writing.  I keep this picture in my phone to remind me that every moment with the ones you love are precious and never take anything for granted.

Jonathan bounced back like a champ and we celebrated our little family's Second Christmas together.

I hope 2011 was good to you and I hope 2012 is 100x better!



No comments:

Post a Comment