Monday, November 7, 2011

Will Run for Chocolate

I don't run for much...but I will run for Ghiradelli Hot Chocolate and Fondue!  This weekend I decided to do the Hot Chocolate 5k. 

 I used to run everyday and I used to do races, but after getting married and having a baby, I haven't done a race in over 3 years.  I kind of miss it!  So this was my attempt to get back into running.

I ran with my BFF Janice and her hubby Alex.  Janice is an awesome runner!  She's completed the Chicago Marathon and has done countless races.  I'd be happy if I could be a fraction of the runner she is.

Aren't they cute?  I know, they aren't. =)  

The start line!  There were so many people but it was so much fun!  I definitely missed this.  I can't wait to run my next one.

I don't have a picture of the finish line, but I do have a picture of the point of the whole race!  The Ghiradelli fondue!  It was the bomb dot com.  Except I was saving the pretzel for last, and by the time I got to it, my fondue solidified because it was so cold.  Womp womp!!!

I ran it in 44:29.  Which I am super disappointed in.  I can't believe how out of shape I was.  I haven't been to my trainer in a month and it shows.  I've gained weight and was super slow!  I'm not going to make anymore excuses about not working it.  It's back to my trainer I go!

I don't plan on doing a race until the Shamrock Shuffle.  Which I plan to train for this time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment