Friday, February 24, 2012

Race to Wrigley 2012

Happy Friday everyone!  


Registration for the Race to Wrigley opened up today.  I signed up as soon as I saw it!  I've only run it once before, and that was back in 2008...I think!

It's a super cool race.  5k and you end the race running through the corridors of Wrigley and end up under the marquee.

They're capping the race at 10,000 runners and I suggest registering early because this race fills up quick!

They've also added a fundraising aspect to it to benefit Children's Memorial Hospital. 

I'm going to try and raise as much money as I can because I have a special place in my heart for Children's hospitals.  For those of you who don't know, my little guy was in the ICU for 5 days last October for pneumonia.  Those 5 days were horrible for us, but there was an amazing staff that took care of him and us.  I am forever grateful to them.
I consider ourselves lucky, he was only hospitalized for a short time.  There are so many little ones out there that spend weeks and months in the hospital.  It breaks my heart, but we can do something to help them!

to check out my fundraising profile and I would love you forever if you donated!  Any amount would help!  

2 comments: